When planning our curriculum we believe that children learn best when they are at the centre of learning and that there is consistency and continuity in our approach. It is important that our pupils receive a broad and balanced curriculum and our practice should provide an integrated, holistic approach which supports the individual learning needs of everyone we work with. We aim to ensure our pupils make progress in a wide variety of ways, including their skills, knowledge and understanding of the world, but our ultimate aim is to ensure the transition of meaningful skills into a range of situations that prepare our pupils for life in the 21st century.
Curriculum Review 2018
Please find the proposal for our developing our curriculum offer from June 2018 onwards:
CURRICULUM PROPOSAL 2018-19[/vc_column_text][vc_single_image image=”519″ img_size=”full” alignment=”center”][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_column_text]
Ysgol Rhydygors aims to provide an encouraging, safe and supportive environment for young people with emotional and behavioural difficulties. Ysgol Rhydygors provides focused work as identified in each child’s placement plan and statement of education. These are designed to meet the needs of each individual by addressing one or more of the following objectives:
- To promote, encourage and support young people in attending education/achievement.
- To develop strategies for managing own behaviour and anxiety, by increasing self-control and self-management.
- To support communication development.
- To develop appropriate social, independent, self-help and life skills.
- To access a range of activities within the local community.
- To develop hobbies, skills and interest.
- To participate and cope with everyday routines enabling young people to manage change.
- To access a 24 hour curriculum.
- To provide added structure and continuity for the young people.
We work closely with parents/carers, social services, health, teaching staff and other agencies to work towards achieving the identified targets and objective.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]