Grants to provide financial support to help tackle the effects of poverty on attainment.
The Pupil Deprivation Grant (PDG) is allocated to schools with pupils who come from low-income families and are currently known to be eligible for free school meals (e-FSM) and pupils who have been looked after continuously for more than six months (LAC).
Schools are expected to make the best use of this funding to implement sustainable strategies that will quickly bring about changes for learners eligible for free school meals or who are LAC.
As a school we have agreed the following three steps:
- to identify the target group of pupils, its characteristics and needs.
- to plan interventions which make the most effective use of resources.
- to monitor and evaluate the impact of resources.
For 2017-18 Ysgol Rhydygors is provided with a PDG allocation of approximately £18,000
At Ysgol Rhydygors we have a school development plan, agreed and monitored by Carmarthenshire Local Authority and ERW, to promote progress and remove barriers to learning for students eligible for this funding.
We will continue to use the funding available to:
- enhance our off-site curriculum offer which benefits many eFSM and LAC pupils
- Fund the salary of our Off-Site Provision Learning Coach
- The team will utilise effective data tracking systems that identify learners’ needs, target interventions and monitor impact.